The mark of excellence for a professional certification program is the value and recognition it bestows on the individual who achieves it. The technical skills & practices the CISA promotes and evaluates are the building blocks of success in the field. Possessing the CISA designation demonstrates proficiency and is the basis for measurement in the profession. With a growing demand for professionals possessing IS audit, control and security skills, CISA has become a preferred certification program by individuals and organizations around the world. CISA certification signifies commitment to serving an organization and the IS audit, control and security industry with distinction. This course will help the student prepare to obtain this credential.
Attendees to TN-822: Certified Information Systmes Auditor (CISA) Seminar will receive TechNow approved course materials and expert instruction.
Duration: 5 Days
- The IS Audit Process (10%)
- Provide IS audit services in accordance with IS audit standards, guidelines, and best practices to assist the organization in ensuring that its information technology and business systems are protected & controlled.
- IT Governance (15%)
- Provide assurance that the organization has the structure, policies, accountability, mechanisms and monitoring practices in place to achieve the requirements of corporate governance of IT.
- System and Infrastructure Life Cycle Management (16%)
- Provide assurance that the management practices for the development/acquisition, testing, implementation, maintenance and disposal of systems and infrastructure will meet the organization's objectives.
- IT Service Delivery and Support (14%)
- Provide assurance that the IT service management practices will ensure the delivery of the level of services required to meet the organization's objectives.
- Protection of Information Assets (31%)
- Provide assurance that the security architecture (policies, standards, procedures and controls) ensures the confidentiality, integrity and availability of information assets.
- Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery (14%)
- Provide assurance that, in the event of a disruption, the business continuity and disaster recovery processes will ensure the timely resumption of IT services, while minimizing the business impact.
A minimum of five years of professional information systems auditing, control & security work experienced is required. Experience must have been gained within the 10-year period preceding the application date for certification, or within five years from the date of initially passing the examination.
Latest comments from students
Instructor comments: Thank you Tim for all the great information! I am confident that I'll do well on the ICND exam.
Instructor comments: The instructor, Tim Burkard, was very knowledgeable on the course material and skilled at explain more complex ideas.