This course provides students with the knowledge and skills to configure and troubleshoot a Windows Sever 2008 network infrastructure. Students will learn to implement and configure secure network access and implement fault tolerant storage technologies. Students will gain an understanding of the network technologies most commonly used with Windows Server 2008 and IP-enabled networks. Students will also learn how to secure servers and maintain update compliance. This course maps to Microsoft's 6421 course and is an aid to preparation for exam 70-642.
Attendees to TN-5135: Configuring and Troubleshooting Windows Server 2008 Network Infrastructure will receive TechNow approved course materials and expert instruction.
Duration: 5 Days
- Understanding and Configuring IP
- Configuring Name Resolution
- Configuring a DNS Zone Infrastructure
- Configuring a DHCP Infrastructure
- Configuring IP Routing
- Protecting Network Traffic with IPsec
- Connecting to Networks
- Working experience with Windows Server 2003
- Basic knowledge of Active Directory
- An understanding of security concepts and methodologies (e.g., corporate policies)
- Basic knowledge of DHCP
- Basic knowledge of IPsec
Latest comments from students
Instructor comments: Clay was very helpful and very knowledgeable. Microsoft tends to be dry and boring and he didn't not make the class as such.
Facilities comments: Nice - glad they had a bathroom within the class.
Instructor comments: Instructor was very knowledgable on the subject matter
Facilities comments: Hotel was a good location