This seminar meets the objectives stated by the Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA) where government agencies are being held accountable to ensure the protection of their information & information systems. In order to meet the requirements of these important laws & mandates, agencies must take necessary steps to implement key information security standards. Attend this program to gain the management skills & standards necessary to meet the requirements of these mandates.
Attendees to TN-802: Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA) Seminar will receive TechNow approved course materials and expert instruction.
Duration: 2 Days
- Overview of current information security guidelines and requirements
- Understand security terminology and identify employee roles
- Information system within a performance framework
- Step-By-Step walk-through of FISMA requirements & supporting guidance
- Step 1: Categorizations Standards
- Step 2: Mapping Guidelines
- Step 3: Minimum Security Requirements
- Step 4: Applying a Risk Management Framework
- Step 5: Implement a System Security Plan
- Step 6: Certification & Accreditation Application Workshop: Develop a Security Assessment Report
- Basic computer literacy
Latest comments from students