ASE environment and installation, resource allocation, database creation, user permissions and security, transaction management and logging, backup databases and transaction logs, database recovery and restoration, modifying default Adaptive Server configuration, connectivity issues and best practices.
Learn how to identify the major tasks of Sybase system administration. Emphasis is given to resource management (memory, disk, and tempdb space with a goal of creating a reliable Adaptive Server environment. Examine fundamental monitoring and troubleshooting methods, backup and recovery strategies, and job scheduling and user access issues.
An introduction to transact SQL coding. Lecture and lab emphasize good coding practices, manipulating numbers and dates, joins and subqueries applied case logic, cursors, and understanding Stored Procedures.
Attendees to TN-375: Sybase Administration and SQL FastTrack will receive TechNow approved course materials and expert instruction.
Duration: 5 days
- Gain familiarity with the ASE by navigating through key features of the ASE environment
- Manage physical data placement and storage
- Create, backup and restore databases
- Configure auto-expansion
- Create and manage multiple temporary databases
- Create user accounts and manage permissions
- Use Sybase Central to maintain an Enterprise environment
- Run diagnostic and repair functions
- Reconfigure Adaptive Server dynamically
- Describe ASE Access Methods
- Use different types of Joins and Subqueries
- Describe how programs handle Errors correctly
- Understand the proper use of Cursors
- Write SQL code examples
Latest comments from students