This course drills into advanced topics for Server 2012. Lecture and labs will help the student will learn to incorporate networks and storage into an integrated Server Virtualization strategy. How to deploy, administer, and monitor a scalable virtualizaiton solution. Updates and High availability solutions protected by PKI will be covered.
The course leads directly to preparing for the MCSE: Implementing an Advanced Server Infrastructure certification exam 70-414. It also maps to Microsoft's course 20414B, and is part of the MCSA and MCSE sequence of courses TN-5215 (Microsoft 20410B), TN-5225 (Microsoft 20411B), TN-5235 (Microsoft 20412B), TN-5245 (Microsoft 20413B), TN-5255 (Microsoft 20414B).
Attendees to TN-5255: Implementing an Advanced Server Infrastructure will receive TechNow approved course materials and expert instruction.
Duration: 5 Days
- Describe the considerations for managing an enterprise data center.
- Plan and implement a server virtualization strategy using Microsoft System Center 2012.
- Plan and Implement networks and storage for virtualization.
- Plan and deploy virtual machines.
- Manage a virtual machine deployment.
- Plan and implement a server monitoring strategy.
- Plan and implement high availability for file services and applications.
- Plan and implement a high availability infrastructure by using failover clustering.
- Plan and implement a server-updates infrastructure.
- Plan and implement a business continuity strategy.
- Plan and implement a public key infrastructure (PKI).
- Plan and implement an Identity Federation Infrastructure.
- Plan and implement an Information Rights Management (IRM) infrastructure.
- TN-5215 (Microsoft 20410B), TN-5225 (Microsoft 20411B), TN-5235 (Microsoft 20412B), TN-5245 (Microsoft 20413B)
Latest comments from students
Liked the class? Then let everyone know!