A skills focus enables the student to better absorb the subject matter and perform successfully on the exam. This is not death by power point. The course is aligned with information assurance operators and executing hands-on labs. Lecture and labs walk the student through the knowledge required to truly understand the mechanics of the attacks and the effectiveness. Students then gain network experience and use sniffing to help exemplify the benefit of learning wired and wireless security configurations. The course concludes with exercising real attack strategies to demonstrate the techniques acquired throughout the course.
Attendees to TN-939: Hacker Techniques, Exploits, and Incident Handling will receive TechNow approved course materials and expert instruction.
Duration: 9 days
- Backdoors & Trojan Horses
- Buffer Overflows
- Covering Tracks: Networks
- Covering Tracks: Systems
- Denial of Service Attacks
- Exploiting Systems Using Netcat
- Format String Attacks
- Incident Handling Overview and Preparation
- Incident Handling Phase 2: Identification
- Incident Handling Phase 3: Containment
- Incident Handling: Recovering and Improving Capabilities
- IP Address Spoofing
- Network Sniffing
- Password Attacks
- Scanning: Host Discovery
- Scanning: Network and Application Vulnerability scanning and tools
- Scanning: Network Devices (Firewall rules determination, fragmentation, and IDS/IPS evasion)
- Scanning: Service Discovery
- Session Hijacking, Tools and Defenses
- Types of Incidents
- Virtual Machine Attacks
- Web Application Attacks
- Worms, Bots & Bot-Nets
- GSEC or equivalent experience
- UNIX, Windows, Networking, and Security Experience
- This is a hands-on skill course requiring comfort with command line interaction and network communications
Latest comments from students
Instructor comments: Both instructors Mr. Askey and Mr. Hackney, were very good. the open learning environment was extremely productive and I felt we all learned far more that we ever would out of a structured rote memorization course.
Instructor comments: Both Mr. Askey and Hackney were extremely knowledgeable. They were also extremely interested in helping each student learn. I was particularly impressed with the way they tailored the course to optimize our time since we weren't testing. I feel like I know much much more than I did when the class started.
Facilities comments: The facilities were fine. I would have preferred it be closer to Lackland.