The purpose of this course is to teach students the basic fundamentals of networking, security, and server administration with Windows Server 2008. It is intended to provide the foundational knowledge need to begin building a career in Microsoft Technologies. The course leads directly to preparing for the MCITP: Server Manager certification exam 70-646. It also maps to Microsoft's course 6430.
Attendees to TN-5145: Windows Server 2008 Administrator will receive TechNow approved course materials and expert instruction.
Duration: 5 Days
- Installing, Upgrading, and deploying Windows Server 2008
- Configuring Network Connectivity
- Active Directory and Group Policy
- Application servers and services
- Terminal Services
- Application and Server Virtualization
- File and print Servers
- Patch management and Security
- A good fundamental knowledge of general computing equivalent with the CompTIA A+ Certification
- An ability to understand basic security, networking and administration concepts
- Some previous knowledge and experience with desktop operating systems, although this is not mandatory
Latest comments from students
Instructor comments: Course was very detail. Lots to learn.
Facilities comments: good
Instructor comments: Instructor was very knowledgeable on the subject matter, he also took time to answer all questions thoroughly and provide any help that was needed.
Facilities comments: Classroom was in good order, neat and had everything required for the class.
Liked the class? Then let everyone know!