The purpose of this course is to teach students the basic fundamentals of networking, security, and server administration with Windows Server 2012. It is intended to provide the foundational knowledge needed to begin building a career in Microsoft Technologies.
The course leads directly to preparing for the MCITP: Server Manager certification exam 70-410. It also maps to Microsoft's course 20410B, and is part of the MCSA and MCSE sequence of courses TN-5215 (Microsoft 20410B), TN-5225 (Microsoft 20411B), TN-5235 (Microsoft 20412B), TN-5245 (Microsoft 20413B), TN-5255 (Microsoft 20414B).
Attendees to TN-5215: Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012 will receive TechNow approved course materials and expert instruction.
Duration: 5 Days
- Install and Configure Windows Server 2012.
- Describe AD DS.
- Manage Active Directory objects.
- Automate Active Directory administration.
- Implement IPv4.
- Implement Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP).
- Implement Domain Name System (DNS).
- Implement IPv6.
- Implement local storage.
- Share files and printers.
- Implement Group Policy.
- Use Group Policy Objects (GPOs) to secure Windows Servers.
- Implement server virtualization using Hyper-V.
- A good fundamental knowledge of general computing equivalent with the CompTIA A+ Certification
- An ability to understand basic security, networking and administration concepts
- Some previous knowledge and experience with desktop operating systems, although this is not mandatory
Latest comments from students
Liked the class? Then let everyone know!