TechNow has worked worldwide enterprise infrastructures for over 30 years and has developed demos and labs to exemplify the techniques required to demonstrate technologies that effectively support CTI. This course integrates well with our courses TN-575: Open Source Network Security Monitoring and TN-865: Wireshark Network Traffic and Security Analysis .
TechNow develops Cyber Ranges and makes them available for conferences in support of annual meetings for Cyber Threat Response Teams. Developing scenarios and reacting to them appropriately is a big part of the value in understanding the contexts required to comprehend valuable CTI. As with many advanced TechNow security courses, there is a large hands-on ratio. This course helps Cyber Protection Teams (CPT), Defensive Cyber Operations (DCO), and Mission Defense Teams (MDT) to collect, analyze and apply targeted cyber intelligence to defensive operations in order to proactively act on and tune response to attacks by cyber adversaries. CPT, DCO, and MDT can take preemptive action by utilizing CTI, understanding CTI tools, techniques and procedures (TTPs) needed to generate and consume timely and relevant intelligence to improve resilience and prevention.
This course focuses on the collection, classification, and exploitation of knowledge about adversaries and their TTPs. . MDT puts us close the mission and helps define the internal context to be analyzed against the CTI. TechNow pushes the student to truly understand how to think about and use CTI to make a difference.
Attendees to TN-905: Cyber Threat Intelligence Analysis will receive TechNow approved course materials and expert instruction.
Course Duration: 5 days
- Learn to comprehend and develop complex scenarios
- Identify and create intelligence requirements through practices such as threat modeling
- Utilize threat modeling to drive intelligence handling and practices
- Breakdown tactical, operational, and strategic-level threat intelligence
- Generate threat intelligence to detect, respond to, and defeat focused and targeted threats
- How to collect adversary information creating better value CTI
- How to filter and qualify external sources, mitigating low integrity intelligence
- Create Indicators of Compromise (IOCs) in formats such as YARA, OpenIOC, and STIX
- Move security maturity past IOCs into understanding and countering the behavioral tradecraft of threats
- Breaking down threats mapped against their tradecraft to tweak IOCs
- Establish structured analytical techniques to be successful in any security role
- Learn and apply structured principles in support of CTI and how to communicate that to any security role.
- Security+, or equivalent experience
Latest comments from students