In this course, students will learn fundamentals necessary to use XML on the web or in data processing applications. Through lecture and hands-on lab exercises, you will learn the essentials of data interoperability using XML, write well-formed XML documents, enforce document validity, use XSLT and stylesheets to transform XML documents, get an introduction to XML, and learn how to program API’s in languages such as Java and Perl.
Attendees to WW-112: Introduction to XML will receive TechNow approved course materials and expert instruction.
Duration: 2 Days
- Getting Started with XML
- XML Overview
- XML Syntax
- Writing DTDs
- Xlink & Xpointer
- Transforming XML Using XSLT
- Presenting XML for the Web – CSS
- XML in Applications
- Appendix: Presenting with XSL
- Familiarity with web and data processing concepts
- HTML and programming experience is helpful, but not required
Latest comments from students