In this course students will learn to install the Linux™ operating system, to administer users and software, to use vi, basic Linux security, process control, file system maintenance, backup and recovery, including some basic networking concepts. This course insures that students have the skills to configure all desktop and client side related activity.
Attendees to L-245: Linux System Administration I will receive TechNow approved course materials and expert instruction.
09/19/2022 - 09/23/2022
L-245: Linux System Administration I
TechNow, Inc, San Antonio TX
Duration: 5 days
- Linux operating system installation
- Hardware Issues
- LILO & GRUB Configuration
- Managing the Linux file system
- Boot Process
- Customization of setup files
- System Startup
- Run Levels
- Network Services
- User Management
- Changing Passwords
- Monitoring, accessing & restricting root system access
- Administration Tools
- Disk Management
- Process Control
- Installing & removing software & patches
- Network Configuration
- Client side components of NFS, Samba, NTP, NIS
- Backup and Recovery
- Using utilities for process control, locating files & automating maintenance tasks
- Students should have an understanding of all basic UNIX commands as well as variable substitution, wild card expansion, command pipes, permissions, the grep and find commands.
- These prerequisites can be met through completion of TN-125: Introduction to UNIX & Linux and six month’s experience with Linux.
Latest comments from students
Instructor comments: Very Good Instructor (Bill Peterson)
Facilities comments: Nice - Can't wait for your new facility.