Students will gain a conceptual and practical understanding of the Oracle database architecture and how its components work and interact with one another. Students will also learn how to create an operational database and properly manage the various structures in an effective and efficient manner including performance monitoring, database security, user management, and backup/recovery techniques. The lesson topics are reinforced with structured hands-on practices.
Attendees to OR-425: Oracle 11g: Administration Workshop I will receive TechNow approved course materials and expert instruction.
Duration: 5 Days
- Manage Users, Privileges, Roles, and Resources
- Identify Oracle 10g Architecture Components
- Proactive Maintenance and Performance Monitoring
- Create an Operational Oracle Database
- Startup and Shutdown an Oracle Database
- Describe how a User Interfaces with the Oracle Database to Process Information
- Create and Manage Oracle Objects:
- Control Files
- Data Files
- Redo Log Files
- Oracle Database and Instance
- Locally Managed and Dictionary Managed Tablespaces
- Rollback Segments
- Undo Tablespace
- Oracle Managed Files
- Oracle Net Overview
- Backup and Recovery Non-RMAN
- Loading Data – Export/Import-Transportable Tablespaces-Data Pump SQL*Loader
- Before attending this course, students must have relational database basic concepts.
Latest comments from students
Instructor comments: The instructor was great, he did an excellent job of covering the course materials and giving real world examples of use cases. Easily one of the best instructors I've had in the numerous technical classes I have taken.
Facilities comments: Our room at the Hilton Airport was evidently directly below the laundry room with very loud washing machines. This proved to be a big distraction.