The course covers the new features and functionality in Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2, including management, network infrastructure, storage, access control, virtualization, high availability, and identity federation. Specific technologies covered include Windows PowerShell, Storage Spaces and Internet Small Computer System interface (iSCSI), Active Directory, Hyper-V, implementation of Remote Access solutions such as DirectAccess, VPNs, and Web Application Proxy (WAP). The course also covers Failover Clustering, Federation Services as well as access and information provisioning and protection technologies such as Dynamic Access Control, and Web Application Proxy integration with Federation Services and Workplace Join.
The course leads directly to preparing for Server 2012 MCSA: Upgrading Your Skills to MCSA Windows Server 2012 exam 70-417. It also maps to Microsoft’s course 20417D, and is part of the MCSA and MCSE sequence of courses.
Attendees to TN-5265: Upgrading Your Skills To MCSA Windows Server 2012 will receive TechNow approved course materials and expert instruction.
Duration: 5 Days
- Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012
- Managing Windows Server 2012 by Using Windows PowerShell
- Managing Storage in Windows Server 2012
- Implementing Network Services
- Implementing Remote Access
- Implementing Failover Clustering
- Implementing Hyper-V
- Implementing Failover Clustering with Windows Server 2012 R2 Hyper-V
- Implementing Secure Data Access for Users and Devices
- Implementing AD DS
- Implementing AD FS
- Monitoring and Maintaining Windows Server 2012
- TN-5112 (Microsoft Server 2008 MCSA) or equivalent experience.
Latest comments from students
Liked the class? Then let everyone know!