Intrusion Analyst is a hands-on course that covers intrusion detection in-depth. This includes concepts such as the use of Snort, network traffic analysis, and IDS signatures.
A skills focus enables the student to better absorb the subject matter and perform successfully on the job. This is not death by power point. The course is aligned with information assurance operators and executing hands-on labs. Lecture and labs walk the student through the knowledge required to truly understand the mechanics of packet and intrusion analysis.
Attendees to TN-979: Intrusion Analyst will receive TechNow approved course materials and expert instruction.
Duration: 5 days
- Advanced Snort Concepts
- Analyst Toolkit
- Domain Name System (DNS)
- Examining Packet Crafting
- Examining Packet Header Fields
- ICMP Theory
- IDS Interoperability
- IDS Patterns
- IDS/IPS Management & Architecture Issues
- Indications, Warnings & Traffic Correlation
- Microsoft Protocols
- Network Traffic Analysis
- NIDS Evasion, Instertion & Checksums
- Snort Fundamentals & Configuration
- Snort GUIs & Sensor Management
- Snort Performance, Active Response & Tagging
- Snort Rules
- Stimulus Response
- TCPdump Fundamentals
- TCP/IP Fundamentals
- Wireshark Fundamentals
- Writing TCPdump Filters
- GSEC or equivalent experience
- UNIX, Windows, Networking, and Security Experience
- This is a hands-on skill course requiring comfort with command line interaction and network communications
Latest comments from students
Instructor comments: Dave was an excellent instructor. He is very informative and knowledgeable in the course and the material. I have enjoyed the class and I would take another course with him as the instructor.
Facilities comments: Very nice and clean hotel.
Instructor comments: Dave was one of the best instructors I have ever had for a tech course. He broke down everything to the point where you can understand it internally.