In this course students will learn to configure the Linux kernel, install & configure modules, to install and configure non-default devices and automate installation with Kickstart. Students also utilize skills developed in L-245 to expand on file system configuration with spanning devices and RAID. This is the foremost server side Linux course in the industry covering all server side components such as DHCP, Samba, NIS, LDAP, inet, telnet ftp, dns, etc. Expanding on security introduced in L-245: Linux System Administration I, TCP wrappers, firewalling with IP filters, SQUID, & ssh are covered.
Attendees to L-295: Linux System Administration II will receive TechNow approved course materials and expert instruction.
10/28/2013 - 11/01/2013
Linux System Administration II
TechNow – San Antonio, TX, San Antonio TX
Duration: 5 Days
- Custom installation of a Linux server
- Linux device naming conventions & the boot process
- Adding peripheral devices
- Reconfiguring the kernel
- Disk partitioning & formatting
- Changing system run levels
- Adding startup files for additional services
- Adding & removing software packages
- Disk & file system Administration
- Terminals & modem configuration
- Configuring NFS to support the client/server environment
- Use the automounter
- Server side components such as DHCP, Samba, NIS, LDAP, inet, telnet, ftp, DNS, etc.
- Troubleshooting techniques
- Advanced Linux installation
- L-245: Linux System Administration I plus six months experience as a systems administrator or one year or more of administrating the Linux operating system.
Latest comments from students