This is a hands-on course that covers many of the concepts of securing the perimeter of an organization. This includes concepts such as intrusion detection, packet filtering, and central logging.
A skills focus enables the student to better absorb the subject matter and perform better on the job. This is not death by power point. The course is aligned with information assurance operators and executing hands-on labs. Lecture and labs walk the student through the knowledge required to truly understand the mechanics of Firewalls.
This course is an excellent precursor to PA-215 Palo Alto Firewall Essentials FastTrack.
Attendees to TN-949: Certified Firewall Analyst Prep will receive TechNow approved course materials and expert instruction.
Duration: 5 days
- Analyzing Network and Wireless Design
- Creating and Auditing a Rulebase
- Firewall Assessment and Penetration Testing
- Host-Based Detection and DLP
- Incident Detection and Analysis
- IOS and Router Security
- IPv6 and ICMPv6
- Log Collection and Analysis
- NAT and Proxies
- Netfilter IPtables
- Network Access Control
- Network-Based Intrusion Detection
- Packet Filters and Inspection
- Packet Fragmentation
- Perimeter Concepts and IP Fundamentals
- Securing Hosts and Services
- TCP/IP Protocols
- VPN Design and Auditing
- VPN Implementation
- GSEC or equivalent experience
- UNIX, Windows, networking and security experience
- This is a hands-on skill course requiring comfort with command line interaction and network communications
Latest comments from students