The UNIX Security Administrator Prep is a hands-on course that covers how to secure and audit UNIX and Linux operating systems. This includes concepts such as Rootkits, Buffer overflows, and monitoring UNIX/Linux systems.
Attendees to TN-959: Unix Security Administratorwill receive TechNow approved course materials and expert instruction.
Duration: 5 days
- Best Practices for Kernel Tuning and Warning Banners
- Boot Services
- DNS- BIND
- Evidence Collection and Preservation
- Forensic Analysis
- Forensic Preparation and Incident Handling
- Host Based Firewalls – iptables
- Intro to Forensics
- OS Install and Patching
- Physical, User Account, and Password Access Control
- Se Linux
- Stack Smashing
- UNIX Logging
- GSEC or equivalent experience
- UNIX, Windows, networking, and security experience
- This is a hands-on skill course requiring comfort with command line interaction and network communications
Latest comments from students
Instructor comments: Good Stuff. Thanks!
Instructor comments: Very Good Instructor
Facilities comments: Facilities was great. Location had a lot to be desired. To much traffic and accidents trying to get here.