This course is instructed with an instructor in the classroom with provided lab equipment and Cyber Range.
Students enrolled in the Certified Network Defender course, will gain a detailed understanding and hands on ability to function in real life situations involving network defense. They will gain the technical depth required to actively design a secure network in your organization. This program will be akin to learning math instead of just using a calculator.
This course gives you the fundamental understanding of the true construct of data transfer, network technologies, software technologies so that you understand how networks operate, understand what software is automating and how to analyze the subject material.
You will learn how to protect, detect and respond to the network attacks. You will learn network defense fundamentals, the application of network security controls, protocols, perimeter appliances, secure IDS, VPN and firewall configuration. You will then learn the intricacies of network traffic signature, analysis and vulnerability scanning which will help you when you design greater network security policies and successful incident response plans. These skills will help you foster resiliency and continuity of operations during attacks.
This course supports a certification that is DoD approved 8570 Baseline Certificate and meets DoD 8140/8570 training requirements.
- EC-Council official E-Courseware
- EC-Council official Certificate of Attendance
- CND Exam Voucher
09/28/2020 - 10/02/2020
TN-545: Certified Network Defender
Tech Now, Inc., San Antonio TX
Duration: 5 Days
- Module 01. Computer Network and Defense Fundamentals
- Module 02. Network Security Threats, Vulnerabilities, and Attacks
- Module 03. Network Security Controls, Protocols, and Devices
- Module 04. Network Security Policy Design and Implementation
- Module 05. Physical Security
- Module 06. Host Security
- Module 07. Secure Firewall Configuration and Management
- Module 08. Secure IDS Configuration and Management
- Module 09. Secure VPN Configuration and Management
- Module 10. Wireless Network Defense
- Module 11. Network Traffic Monitoring and Analysis
- Module 12. Network Risk and Vulnerability Management
- Module 13. Data Backup and Recovery
- Module 14. Network Incident Response and Management
- Basic network and host operations knowledge
- Experience commensurate with one to five years of network, host, or application administration
- TN-325:Security+ or equivalent
Courses to follow:
- TN-555: Certified Ethical Hacker v10 (CEH)
- TN-575: Open Source Network Security Monitoring
- TN-979: Intrusion Analyst Course
Network Administrators, Network Security Administrators, Network Security Engineer, Network Defense Technicians, Network Analyst, Security Analyst, Security Operator, and anyone involved in network operations
TechNow has taught security courses for almost 30 years, before most certifications existed and has successfully moved students through certification programs associated with IAPP, SANS, EC-Council and ISC2. Our instructor maintains over a dozen security certifications and has been the director of a company with internationals sales in security training, consulting, and compliance.
Tech Now, Inc. is an accredited Training Center with Ec-Council.
Latest comments from students